On the road again..

I've taken a temporary hiaetus from Lima and have embarked on a familiar journey around the southern cities of Peru for a couple weeks.

It's the exact same loop I did 4 months ago (a bit eerie to be back to all the same spots), except with a non-touristy twist this time. It's all "work" related (I use " since it's really a volunteering gig, ie: no pay) so I'm going around visiting various projects by Ashoka fellows in Peru in remote villages and "pueblos." It's an incredible experience learning and experiencing these projects up close that I normally would never even hear about. And don't worry, I'll highlight all the good stuff here along the way. All you need to know now is that I could use a cup of real coffee soon...NON instant please.

If you have a Peru map handy...here's my current route:
Lima - Ica - Arequipa (currently here now) - Ayaviri - Cusco - Lima.

Future trips of this similar nature:
Huancayo (highlands)
Tambopato (jungle)
Puerto Maldonado (also jungle)

There's no beaten path where this vagabond is heading...at least I haven't seen one yet.
0 Responses

Post a Comment