Stop the gring on gring hate

Haha, I absolutely love this one:
So the other day I went jogging and was on this touristy quaint street in a very touristy neighborhood in Lima. As I'm approaching this middle aged couple, I notice the man kind of hold his wife closer and then visibly see her clutch her purse closer to her body and then move it to the other side of her (away from me). I just can't help but chuckle. As I pass them, I hear words of English so I decided to inform them,
"Just so you know, I'm from California."
They both turned around with a perplexed look as I continue to jog away laughing. They couldn't help but chuckle a bit as well.
They honestly thought I was going to mug or snatch her purse. I guess I have blended a little too well to the culture here...
1 Response

Post a Comment